You are receiving this email from us as we want to keep our customers computers safe by keeping you informed of potential threats/risks to your computer, your online experience and keep you aware of new developments.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Safe, Happy and Prosperous New Year. (full details of closure dates shown at the bottom of this email)
This month we want to highlight how you can Protect your personal information
· Never respond to requests for personal information in an unexpected email, even if it is supposedly from an organisation you know or trust. If in doubt, contact the organisation using independently verified contact details.
· Do not open suspicious or unsolicited emails (spam)—delete them.
· If you want to access an online account, use a bookmarked link or type the address in yourself—NEVER follow links or open attachments in unsolicited emails as they may contain viruses or other malware.
· NEVER give personal or financial details to anyone you do not know and trust, or enter them into a website unless you are certain it is genuine. Check the website address carefully as scammers often set up fake websites with very similar addresses.
· If you think you have provided your account details to a scammer, contact your bank or financial institution immediately.
Mobile phone Scam
A Private Number will ring your mobile phone and say that your mobile phone has been using their iTunes Card so you will need to buy them an iTunes card to replace what you have used. They will ring you back and ask for the code(s) on the back of the iTunes card.
DO NOT give them your iTunes account details or buy an iTunes card for them. THIS IS A SCAM
Computer Support Scam
You ring your telecommunications company (ISP) with a fault query and the Call Centre person says they will get one of their technicians to call you back. You then receive a call from “their technician” offering to help you with a cost of 50c per day for a minimum of 1 year, payable by credit card/paypal etc. There are support offerings from ISPs, but this isn’t one of them. It appears there are some telephone support people with less than honourable intentions and who are passing on personal information to third parties. (There was also a recent news article about this, there is a link below, but very little information.) In general, we find all the ISP support people pretty good to deal with, within the limits of what they are allowed to do. Help with computer issues isn’t one of the things they are allowed or supposed to do. In essence, just be a little wary of signing up for ‘support packages’ and all the ISPs offer to bill on your existing bill, not a separate bill.
This month’s product selection is all security, yes it’s that time of year again and the mozzies are back J
Have a great, safe and wonderful Christmas.
We will be closed from 12noon on Christmas Eve, Saturday the 24th December and re-open at 10am on Monday the 9th January 2017.
Please ring us on 54604006 or send an email to email@example.com if you have any queries regarding the content of this email.
Feel free to forward this email to friends and family who you think might benefit.
Have fun, stay safe and thank you for shopping locally.
87 High St, Maryborough Vic,